April 2018 Minutes

We’d like to welcome our guests Larry Connor & David Walker! We hope to see you at the pond and at more meetings!

The pond has been pumping w/ boats lately! We even had 3 on the water and one waiting to launch (that hasn’t happened in a while). Great to see all the action on the dock and on the course!

EVENTS

Nautique

Nautique is hosting a Swerving event at the pond Saturday 4/28.  Boats, People, Equipment, and Pros.  Dawn to 8:30 am members have access to ski.  From 8:30 to end of day, will pull swerving skiers.  Club members can also register for swerving.  Click Here To Sign Up for Nautique Swerving.  Great for Kids.

Mastercraft

Mike will set up a similar event with Nor-Cal Mastercraft.

Never Made 2018

Scot G to host a Never Made tournament, Jan Fey will score.

Need to talk with Dan about new boat guides and bouys.  West side 55’s are slightly off north and south, not a measurable tournament item.  Will fix when the pond goes dry.  Be nice to have them installed before Swerving.  Agreed not to touch the position of the 55’s until the pond goes dry and to replace the balls and boat guides before Swerving Event

LTS

June 20, June 27, July 11, July 18, August 8.

Agree to use the pond, work hours waived for those that bring boats, work hours are one to one

VP Tournaments:

Grand American and County Open in the Guide.  GA will fill up fast, get your entries.  Jerry will be organizing the dinner with Apricot Wood (BBQ Joint).  Sunday will be Togo’s, need a lunch host for Saturday.  Remember H to H on Saturday night

Facilities:

Dock looking good, no known maintenance besides yard work.  Art oiled the gate hinges.  Remember to place the lock back in the daisy chain.  Only thing that is known is weed whacking.  John will get a work party together.

Mussel Inspection Coordinator:

Need inspection materials from the Rodas’

Sargent of Arms:

All policies current

VP Membership

Agree, that December meeting counts for the following year.   Jim Scott and John Knickerbocker have left the club.  John Collins will follow up with Erin Mannas

Inactive Members: Ryan, Dora, Paul M and Phil G

Treasurer:

Have money, have a balanced budget for FY18.  No need to raise dues.  Banquet covered its expenses, have a minor surplus from FY17.  Will vote next month.  John forgot the print-outs

Web Site:

Technically there were 3 viruses found on the website over the month of February. Daren removed them all. If they comeback, other actions will be taken.

Entertainment:

Thanks to all from Denise for those that helped.  Daren will post on the website.

March Meeting

Our March Meeting was cancelled due to Weather Conditions. We’d like to thank Larry Connor for ATTEMPTING to make the meeting and reaching out to Daren Barry to verify he was in the correct location. Larry we hope to see you at the next club meeting on Thursday April 5th at 7:30pm. Same location

January Minutes

Happy New Year everyone!

Jerry – thanks for the hot tub at the doc – nicely done! BYH – that’s bring your own hose (and boat, ski, vest, gloves, handle and dry suit for those that need it).

Although the rest of the club meetings will be held at our Amazing Great Oaks Location,  The February meeting will be held at Mish’s house on SATURDAY 10th!!!

Misc Business

Porta Potty hasn’t been getting cleaned regularly, Parks & Rec permit should be coming soon – Mike S will follow up on both.

LTS

5 events: 1 in June, 2 in July & 1 in August. Call me nuts, but that’s only 4.

Clean up (work hours)

Planning a late May creek clean up to coincide with a pond clean up. Will be asking Cub Scouts to support as well.

Tournaments

Grand American July 14th & 15th

County Open August 4th at the Pond

Talk to Scot Anger, need help with food at GA

Facilities

The North East side 55 ball is out. Having trouble installing due to depth. The ball and magnet are under the hot tub if you can help out.

Membership

Four new members! Mark Mitchell, Troy Crivello, Scott Normandin and Brad Conger. John Knickerbocker has not sent dues or contacted the club. Jim Scott is inactive and has not paid.  Chuck to send courtesy notice. Ryan Sawyer has gone inactive.

Treasurer

Currently running a $145 negative budget for this year, will be $1000 surplus for 2018. Budget approval will be during March meeting. Motion to allocate up to $1500 for Feb installation banquet was approved.

Club Merchandise

SCCWSC clothing is available, Mark will bring samples for March meeting.

December Minutes

Thank you Sandy Heinrichs for taking minutes while Chuck was out of town!

Tournaments

Kevin asked for help with lunch and dinner on Saturday at Grand American. Club decided lunch will be provided rather than t-shirts since lunch options are limited at Lakeside. Mish will ask a friend that does catering who is a skier from Berkeley Club. If that doesn’t work out, we will work out a catered dinner from Apricot Wood BBQ in Patterson.

Kevin cannot be Chief Driver at County Open, Aug. 25. We discussed other Chief Driver options (Matt Brandt, Brad Conger or ?). Other option is to switch date to Aug. 4 when Kevin is available.

Our first choice would be Aug. 25.  But if Kevin can’t find another Chief Driver, we will go with Aug. 4.

Facilities

Jerry has picked up materials and is building a pad south of the deck area for storing a hot tub. The tub will be locked to the deck post with the same key members use to open the launch gate. All members may use the tub. You will only have to bring your own hose (long enough to fill it)

Membership

Andrew said he has not  yet heard from John Knickerbocker or Aaron Mannas. They have until Dec. 15 to respond or they will be dropped from our membership.

We have one new member Mark Mitchell. Welcome to SCCWSC.

Entertainment

Denise and Mish are organizing our annual banquet for Saturday,  Feb. 10 at 6 p.m. at Mish’s home in Los Gatos. We are looking for donations for the raffle that evening. More details will be announced as the dinner is planned.

Denise organized a Dessert Night. Everyone went home with a sugar rush. The Corn Hole Tournament followed with thirteen teams entered. Mike Sullivan and Scott Schipley took everyone down to become the December Champs. Congratulations! The trophy has been sent to the engravers to have your names put on the trophy.

Jerry congratulated our new president Mike Sullivan who will lead our next club meeting scheduled for January 4.

Dedicated to the sport of water skiing