May Meeting Minutes

SANTA CLARA COUNTY WATER SKI CLUB
GENERAL SESSION MEETING
Thursday, May 6 2021 at 7:00 PM
Prepared by Chuck Hammond. Please correct or append as required
Called to order at 7: by President Gordon Simmons
Attendance: Mike S, Chuck H., John C., Bill B., Larry G., Kevin B., Dave O., Steve D. Russ
S., Steve D., Lynda V, Gordon S., Gordon J., Jay V.,
Guests: Dave Greenwood
April minutes approved
Presidents Message:
Thanks for joining the Zoom Meeting!
Membership
No new business. Gordon S. has two potential members.
Treasurer:
Plenty of Money. Budget on track for a “Normal Water” year.
Spending a bit more on maintenance than planned, no adjustments recommended.
June non-refundable insurance is due $1500. Motion approved.
Facilities:
 Work party went well. Thanks to those who participated. Mowing, Tules, Dock board
replacement/staining and course maintenance.
 North Gate Ball offset has been root caused to a missing piece of foam letting the PVC tube
lay over sideways when water is low.
 Wally Buoy’s ordered. Atmospheric pressure adequate
Tournaments:
 County Open – Scott working on officials for Sept 25th. USAWS loosened boat rules, have
three in the club. Need to sanction, Russ will help.
 SCCWSC will not be sponsoring a Grand American day at LS 7/17-18. Saturday is 40 skiers
and will include head to head. Sunday will be 45 skiers.
6/11 and 8/27 for Friday Afternoon Tournaments. 20 skiers only will fill up fast.
Sargent of Arms:
All Insurance up to date. Next inspection is Scott Anger. Mish Chadwick needs to be
inspected for pond access
Members at Large:
 Nothing to report
Public Relations:
 L2S – Looking less promising than last month. Open for idea’s for PR
Old Business:
None
New Business
 None
Entertainment:
 No report
Meeting adjourned at 7:48

Pond Work Party – April 17th Big Success

I would like to thank everyone that helped at the pond today! We got quite a bit done. Our mowing group blazed it early. Jerry started mowing again at 730( he put in a day previous to today) and Scot Graham was also weed whacking away when I showed up. They kept on until the entire area was done, and looked like an estate.
Dave Olsen was head of the tulle clearing group. Dave, along with Greg Olsen, Chuck Hammond, Scott Shipley, Bill Burke, and Russ Selsor. Pulled tulles, and cleared the ramp making it safer and easier to use. Great job guys.
Gordon Simmons headed up the course division. With John Gambello bringing his boat and Captain we fixed several clips, buoys, and subfloats. We also found one of the north end gate subfloats needs the flotation repaired, which we will do at a later date.
Finally Steve Dachauer head of dock division, brought boards and supplies. Working this division was Derik Benson and Brad Conger. They replaced boards, cleaned, and stained both docks, benches, railings, and I think most everything that was nailed down. This was the last to finish staying until the job was done.
Many people worked in different areas also. Doug Klang did lots of cleaning, Art showed up and supervised, and max walked through the wet stain.
We accomplished a lot, the place looks great. If I missed anyone I’m sorry and please let me know so I can update.

Thank You to all who were able to help, especially our division and group leaders.

John Crivello

April 1st General Meeting Minutes

SANTA CLARA COUNTY WATER SKI CLUB
GENERAL SESSION MEETING
Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 7:30 PM
Prepared by Chuck Hammond. Please correct or append as required
Called to order at 7:24 by President Gordon Simmons
Attendance: Gordon S, Dave O, Larry C, Gordon J, Brad Conger, John C, Jay V, Russ S, Don F, Doug F
Guests: None
March minutes approved
Presidents Message:
– Thanks for joining the Zoom Meeting!
Membership:
 – Welcome to new member Russ Selsor, Congratulations!
Treasurer:
–  Normal ski year, normal budget, maintain facilities, normal work hours, normal meeting requirements for participation discount
– Membership not participating in meetings, very poor attendance last two meetings (with Zoom little excuse not to attend)
Facilities:
– Spring Clean Up w Work Day plan
– Grass needs to be mowed
– Course maintenance (purchase new boat guides, adjust height of all as needed)
-Gordon S will get with John Crivello to plan/schedule
Tournaments:
– Lakeside booked both tournaments
– Offer to SCCWSC to run one
–  VP tournament need to reach out to officials, confirm can support/run, then
back to club to approve to run one
–  County Open: Scott Anger is to register. No status update
– Russ Selsor says we can probably get the $100 LATE fee waived
– Scott is to work with Russ
Sargent of Arms:
– All insurance and inspections up to date with exception of Mish
Members at Large:
– No report
Public Relations:
– L2S
– P&R: They have no idea at this point (not getting to people who understand
program)
– B&G clubs: They don’t know if they will be open, will advise if a change
– Larry advised both we are able and willing. He will reach out to both again, but don’t expect that we’ll have any LTS this year due to continued Covid restrictions
Old Business:
– Railing was fixed by Parks and Rec.
New Business:
– None
Entertainment:
– There is interest, but no concrete plans yet. Need more participation at meetings
Meeting adjourned at 7:45

April 17th, 2021 POND Work Party

Well everyone it’s that time of year again. We’re having a work party on 4/17/21 at 900. Projects we need to accomplish are…

Weed wack and mow
General clean up
Clean graffiti on the porta potty
Clear tulles at the launch ramp
Check dock for loose screws
Possibly some course work

Please let me know if you can make it. Also let me know anything else we need to do.

Thanks
John Crivello

Dedicated to the sport of water skiing